Cornerstone College, Dimapur, Ngaland, is run by a society known as cornerstone society where most of the students after passing their higher secondary school in different parts of the state can continue their studies.
Encouraged by the success of the school and realizing the need of a good educational institution, the society decided to open a college by the name of Cornerstone College in the year 2015. It was formally inaugurated on 3rd June 2014 by Dr. Temsula Ao.
The college is affiliated to Nagaland university and recognized vide order no. NU-CDC/C-66/2014/945 dated 3rd June 2014. Presently the college offers arts stream and various subjects in science & commerce stream are also proposed in the near future. The college provides the following subjects in arts stream viz: English, history. Political science, education, sociology and economics with honors.
Aims and objectives of the college:
- To promote knowledge through education and co-curricular activities such as classroom learning, symposium, seminar, research projects, field trips and use of journals and through lectures from eminent personalities.
- To provide various technical and vocational job oriented studies on different disciplines with special emphasis on IT and other modern technologies.
- To open avenues for teachers training.
- To provide intensive coaching on various technical courses, other competitive examinations and provide counseling to the students or their future profession.
- To guide the students to lead a strong moral lifestyle and help identify the qualities of life through different means.
Holistic approach for developmental learning.
The institution as an amalgamation of a vibrant consortium of the academic and artistic strives to deliver the challenges by setting new achievable benchmarks making us realize that the ‘efforts’ for improvement are thus feasible. The mission is to take a positive step or change towards the ladder of progress for an authentic improvement and development.
The Governing body is the apex body which directs controls, manages and regulates the affairs of the college.
The Governing body shall consist of the following
Name & Occupation
Dr. Sashimeren Aier, Rtd. Principal Director H&FW Dept, Nagaland
Shri. Anung Pongen, Rtd. Additional Development Commissioner, Nagaland
Dr. Sentisangla, Principal Cornerstone College
Dr. Toshi Langu, Rtd. Associate Pastor, KABA
Shri. Temjen Toy, IAS, Govt. of Nagaland
Dr. Lima Longchar, Asst. Professor, Nagaland
Dr. Sukhato Sumi, Rtd. Director H&FW Dept, Nagaland
Smti. Tia Imchen, Interior Designer.UK
Er. Y Chuba Ao, Rtd. Engineer in Chief, Nagaland
Er. Akum Ao, Civil Engineer, PWD Nagalnd
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.